Air purifying Rubber Plant / Ficus Elastica
• The rubber plant (Ficus elastica) is a popular ornamental plant from the Ficus genus.
• In it's natural habitat it grows over 30 metres tall, however, the varieties grown indoors are a much more manageable height.
• For the indoor grower looking for a tree type plant species with attractive foliage which can grow from 1ft to over 8ft tall, this is an excellent choice.
• When this plant is about 1 - 2ft tall it's well suited sitting as a centrepiece on a table, on a shelf, or on a windowsill, but once it begins to grow above 3ft it looks great standing next to a fireplace, television area or near door entrances.
• Care Instructions-Light: Rubber Plant thrives in areas with full sun to partial shade. Take care not to house plants in rooms that receive direct sunlight the entire day. Water: Rubber Plant (Ficus elastica) requires a very humid, moist environment. Spray Rubber Plants regularly especially if the plant is surrounded by heated air. During the growing season, water moderately with lukewarm water. Fertilizer: For the young roots of Rubber Plant, apply a high phosphorus fertilizer to stimulate root development. As the plant matures to producing much foliage, apply a high nitrogen fertilizer every four (4) weeks during growth as this stimulates full and healthy foliage development.
|Care Instructions||Care Instructions|